healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Soccer - Take 2!

Remember that time I got kicked off my soccer team for not being good enough?

Huge blow to my self esteem.

Huge.



Last year, I wouldn't have been able to play, even if I wanted to, because I was doing the full time evening's thing. This year is a different story. I only work 7 evenings a month! So when I randomly got a text message asking if I wanted to come to a practice for a Tier 2 (1 Tier higher than Tier 3) team, I jumped at the chance! Doesn't hurt to try it out and maybe I would find a team that actually practiced so I could improve!

So I went to the practice that night and had a really good time. It was awesome getting back on the pitch and some of my skill was still there. It also was a good reminder of the things I need to work on, and hopefully will be able to now that I have a team that practices once a week!

The ladies were really friendly, and there was a good range of experience (it's one girls first year playing, ever!) so that made me feel better about the whole thing.

I have the speed needed for the mid position, but not the ball control that I need to successfully set up plays to get goals. I can kind of strategize where I need to be according to where the other players are, but I am not perfect at this, so I am looking to improve this. I also need to get over my fear of getting kicked, sometimes I am not as aggressive as I should be and will prematurely back off, I think this is also combined with my lack of ball control.. if I just chose not to charge than I don't show that I can't control the ball haha. Because I don't charge, I am not the greatest defense-woman.

I need some tips friends! How do I improve on these things?! I will try ANYTHING!

Tonight is my first official game! Wish me luck.