healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Week's 1 & 2 and a Playlist

I did it! I finished Week's 1 and 2! And just in time to go away for my half marathon!

I actually enjoyed doing the workouts. They were the perfect amount of time and despite doing each 4 times, they didn't get redundant. I decided to sub-out the cardio workout for a Turbo Fire HIIT one day and then Soccer on the other days, which worked out well. I plan to continue doing this as I will be doing the Soccer thing twice a week.

I appreciate that the workouts were modifiable, both to make it easier and to make it (much) harder.

I started using my new Polar FT4 to track my calories burnt during the workouts and I averaged about 260 calories each time, which isn't too bad considering the workouts are 30ish minutes long. I expect they will get much harder!

I am taking Thursday to Monday off from the program, with the Half Marathon being on Sunday. I also will be walking, walking walking, in Vegas! Tuesday will be back to it with Week 3!

I wanted to share the Half Marathon Playlist that I put together. I like to run to upbeat, top 40's songs, so this stuff is all pretty current. I will probably have 1 ear bud in, 1 out, as I expect the race course will be pretty rockin' ;)

Rockin & Rollin Playlist
Lady Gaga - Applause
Skrillix - Bangarang
James Blunt - Bonfire Heart
Ellie Goulding - Burn
Selena Gomez - Come & Get It
OneRepublic - Counting Stars
Katy Perry - Dark Horse
Selena Gomez - Love You Like a Love Song
Glee Cast - Make You Feel My Love
Katy Perry - Legendary Lovers
Eminem - Monster
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Katy Perry - Roar
Lorde - Royals
Selena Gomez - Slow Down
Zedd - Spectrum
Katy Perry - Walking on Air
Calvin Harris - Thinking About You
Selena Gomez - Undercover
Avicii - Wake Me Up
Zedd - Clarity
Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
Calvin Harris - I Need Your Love

See ya from Vegas ;)