healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Whats New in October

Yesterday was my first official "workout" after a month (A MONTH!) of no official exercise. Since I am running the Las Vegas Rock'N'Roll Half Marathon on November 17th (that is only 39 days away people), I decided to run a 5k and organize my training schedule. Well... I woke up this morning with sore quads. From a 5k. How the heck did I run 42 of them in May?! I have no clue. But I am excited to be back in the swing of things :)

So what is new for the month of October? Well a few things!

I am working with Dori from Healing Thru Food. Prior to going on the honeymoon I was in a total cooking slump. I was seeking out the easiest possible foods to cook, eating more fish than I wanted because it was easy, and just feeling a general "blah" about the way I was eating. I wanted to work with a Nutrition Coach who focused on Vegetarian/Vegan eating styles. After a lengthy google search I found Dori, and she is AWESOME.
Dori Friedberg, BA, NE, FPC, is a certified Nutrition Educator and Food Psychology Coach who is passionate about helping people achieve their unique health-related goals. With over a decade of experience in the health and wellness industry, Dori is confident that her abilities can help her clients create lasting and positive change, promote consciousness and give them an overall sense of control, joy and excitement around choosing healthy food as medicine. - from her Website.

Dori is so thorough. She puts together this insane meal plan with SO many recipes, she tailors everything to fit your lifestyle (vegan to meat eaters alike) and she breaths enthusiasm for a healthy lifestyle. I really wanted to focus on nutrition and proper protein surrounding my workout schedule, as well as taming my sugar cravings and transitioning to a Vegan diet.

I have gone back and forth with the whole Vegan thing for a while now, and it is something that I want to work towards. So for the month of October I have been chatting with Dori and she has been coaching me along this Vegan journey. It hasn't been perfect (hello Lobster Grilled Cheese with Becky last night), but it has been fun, and it has really ignited my passion for cooking and for focusing on a plant based diet.

So this little space is hopefully going to turn into a more Vegan place, and I hope that doesn't scare away any paleo readers ;)