healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday Fit Recap

September 1st - Chocolate Chase 5km (33ish Minutes); A very Fun Race, indeed.

September 2nd - 5km Walk with the Dogs

September 3rd – Crossfit; I severely underestimated my strength in this workout. I really need to just figure out how much I can clean as a 5, 3 and 1 rep max. I know that my 1 rep max for back squats is probably about 125-135, and I would estimate that I can probably do 85lb for a Push Jerk, but I always underestimate how much I can clean. I powered through this workout and was the second person done, so although it was very metabolic, I wish I would have used more weight.

  • 5 RFT

  • 6 Push Jerks, 12 Back Squats (from the ground) [65lb]

  • 7:17


September 4th – Crossfit; Another great work out! I upped my 1 Rep Max Deadlift 5lb to 165lb, and I figure if I hadn't workout out the day before and wouldn't have been sore I probably could have added another 5lb to that. The girl I was partnered with also used the big leather belt thing for her deadlifts and she said it makes a huge difference in what you can lift. I have never tried lifting with one before. Any thoughts? Next time I want to use the 24in box. Progress! I also worked on my Kipping Pull Ups and I can string 3 together with the thin green band. It is AWESOME. I totally feel more comfortable with the movement, not I just gotta get that strength up!

  • 21-15-9 Deadlifts (I used 105lb), Box Jumps (20in)

  • 7:42


September 5th - Crossfit; I will try and put in to words how awful this run was. It was +26 outside. I wore the wrong shorts (usually I run in Capri's, so my thighs glide together nicely) and ended up chafing my inner thighs, and my legs/back were uber sore from my previous workouts. I also didn't fuel properly and was hungry going in to the run and famished after. Boo-urns.

  • 5km for Time

  • 34:25


September 6th – Rest

September 7th – Random & Fast; I didn't have a lot of time today for the gym but I did want to go in and try to find out how much I can clean. My gym doesn't have bumper plates, so working up to a weight is hard because my form is just a bit off (I used the lowest bar setting for the squat rack but it sits just a bit too high so I feel like I am not getting enough power). I think I'd be able to power clean 90lb but with the right bar and plates ;)

  • Work up to 1RM for Power Cleans (85lb)