healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Where I am At and Day 16; Floral

ringsRemember my word for 2013, Acceptance?

I think I am in a really good place with it actually.

With the wedding being over, my energy has finally replenished and I feel like my positive, happy old self again.

I also feel proud of my efforts to be healthy as opposed to disappointed in myself for not being skinnier. (That right there is huge, people.)

I find myself focusing on getting daily activity (Check out My Workout Log Here!), resting when I am sore, doing what I feel like doing at the Gym or Crossfit, and being fine with not running a whole ton. I am running a half marathon on the 25th, and No, I haven't trained for it, like at all, but I figure I can walk/run, take it slow, and enjoy the hugeness of the race.

I find myself gravitating towards healthier choices naturally, and it no longer feels forced or stresses me out. I try to get a solid source of protein at each meal which is new for me, and I have noticed how much more full I feel. That means I am less likely to boredom-eat because the thought doesn't even cross my mind. I guess you could say I am a Pescetarian at this point? I eat fish almost daily, but we are trying to stick with ocean-safe choices. I don't plan on eating other animal products, but I won't rule it out for forever. Just going to do what feels good and right now I am glad to say that correlates with what feels healthy!

Work is improving. It was a HUGE transition, and it was a little rough at first, but I have found my footing out there and its getting easier. For the most part it has been a welcomed learning curve.

We leave on our honeymoon on the 9th of September and I think that is really the only thing that is stressing me out right now. Not too shabby.

I feel healthy and whole and full of love.

That is pretty darn rad if you ask me.