healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 29; My Fave Thing and Turbo Fire

My Fave Thing: Feeling like a Crossfit Lady Beast.

CrossfitI am contemplating doing the Turbo Fire program. I have sporadically done the workouts here and there and I love them. Chalene Johnson is so motivational, the music is pumpin, and the class energy is always high. Not to mention the Abs 10 is totally killer. You'd think 10 minutes wouldn't be that bad but Man oh Man..



I also really love the HIIT workouts. They are HARD and leave me in a total state of sweat by the end.

I own all of the products needed to do the program (a resistance band and an ankle band), and really, if I brought these things with me to Europe (plus my laptop) I could do the program while we are on the honeymoon. It would be an easy and affordable way to stay fit. I was just hoping to not take the lap top, so that is a bit of a draw back.

The other major drawback? Well... I wont lie. I am awful at following through with structured plans. Remember that time I tried to do Insanity and got only one week in before I got bored? Oops. Or all those semi-followed running plans?

When I first got in to working out structure was awesome for me because I had no idea what I was doing. I started with running plans and then fell in love with other things related to fitness as well. That is when all my structure went to shit because I kind of thrive when I just do what I want each day. Motivation really isn't lacking to get out and move my bod.

Specifically... Crossfit and Lifting. 2 Things I am pretty in to right now. I try to make it to CF at least twice a week and to my Gym 2-3 times per week. I am all about "getting my moneys worth" and I don't want to jeopardize that with a structured plan.

So, Turbo Fire would work well for the 3 weeks I am in Europe because it would have no competition with other forms of Exercise.

But what happens when I get back to Canada? How do I balance Turbo Fire with Crossfit and Training for my Next Half Marathon? (Yeah, I am totes running the R&R Las Vegas in November! Holla.) I just don't have enough time to do all three things at the same time.

I'd love to hear you weigh in on the matter and your suggestions for balancing training programs.