I have entered in to the world of Epicure. Have you heard of it before? It is a Canadian, Women-Lead Company that focuses on spice blends and healthier easy-cook meals. I plan on going in to more detail in a later post but in the mean time check out this link. If you are interested in hosting a party (All you have to provide are the dippers and the guests!), contact me at amiekerber (at) outlook (dot) com. It is a great opportunity to connect with friends, learn about Epicure and get free stuff!
That ^^^ is my favorite Selena Gomez Song and videotaped from her concert last Saturday in Edmonton. She is actually a very positive role model for young girls IMHO (haha who had to google that acronym?)
FIT SATURDAYHere is a recap of my weekly workouts!
August 18th - 5km Walk at the Dog Park
August 19th - 30 Day Shred Level 1, Walk the Dogs - Tired after work and didn't feel like going to the gym.
August 20th - Upper Body
- Assisted Chin Up (30kg assist, 6 reps, 2 sets)
- Isometric Chin-Up (Hold as long as possible, 3 sets)
- Barbell Bench Press (70lb, 8 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps)
- Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown (90lb, 8 reps, 3 sets)
- Closed Grip Seated Cable Row (75lb, 9 reps, 3 sets)
- Cable Lateral Raises (10lb, 10 reps, 3 sets per arm)
- Cable Tricep Extension (20lb, 10 reps per arm, 10lb, 12 reps per arm, 2 sets)
- Bicep Curl Machine (25lb, 12 reps, 3 sets)
- Run (1 Mile, 10:19)
August 21st - Rest
August 22nd - Crossfit - A good WOD but definitely left my shoulders aching and burning.
- EMOTM 12 Minutes
- 4 HSPU's *Attempts*
- 6 Hand Release Push Ups
August 23rd - Crossfit - I don't know if I am happy with this. I did the first 21 Thrusters unbroken (WOAH!) and I think it may have been a bit overkill and burned me out before I got in to the pull ups. I know my shoulders were sore from the day before, but my time was still 1:50 slower than my previous Fran time (7:00). I used the same weight as before for the thrusters (55lb) but this time I used the Thick Green Band instead of the Thick Black Band (so I used Less Resistance this time). Thoughts?
- 21-15-9, Thrusters (55lb) and Pullups (Thick Green Band)
August 24th - Walk the Dogs - Worked a double shift and wanted a rest day.
How were your workouts for the week?