healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 23 and 24; Sacred and Hear, Epicure and Saturday Fit Recap

So I worked a double shift last night (evenings and nights; aka 3:15pm to 7:15am), hence the lack of postage yesterday. Anyways, this post is going to be all over the place so lets get on with it!

epicure2 epicure3 epicure1I have entered in to the world of Epicure. Have you heard of it before? It is a Canadian, Women-Lead Company that focuses on spice blends and healthier easy-cook meals. I plan on going in to more detail in a later post but in the mean time check out this link. If you are interested in hosting a party (All you have to provide are the dippers and the guests!), contact me at amiekerber (at) outlook (dot) com. It is a great opportunity to connect with friends, learn about Epicure and get free stuff!







That ^^^ is my favorite Selena Gomez Song and videotaped from her concert last Saturday in Edmonton. She is actually a very positive role model for young girls IMHO (haha who had to google that acronym?)

FIT SATURDAYHere is a recap of my weekly workouts!

August 18th - 5km Walk at the Dog Park

August 19th - 30 Day Shred Level 1, Walk the Dogs - Tired after work and didn't feel like going to the gym.

August 20th - Upper Body

  • Assisted Chin Up (30kg assist, 6 reps, 2 sets)

  • Isometric Chin-Up (Hold as long as possible, 3 sets)

  • Barbell Bench Press (70lb, 8 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps)

  • Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown (90lb, 8 reps, 3 sets)

  • Closed Grip Seated Cable Row (75lb, 9 reps, 3 sets)

  • Cable Lateral Raises (10lb, 10 reps, 3 sets per arm)

  • Cable Tricep Extension (20lb, 10 reps per arm, 10lb, 12 reps per arm, 2 sets)

  • Bicep Curl Machine (25lb, 12 reps, 3 sets)

  • Run (1 Mile, 10:19)


August 21st - Rest

August 22nd - Crossfit - A good WOD but definitely left my shoulders aching and burning.

  • EMOTM 12 Minutes

  • 4 HSPU's *Attempts*

  • 6 Hand Release Push Ups


August 23rd - Crossfit - I don't know if I am happy with this. I did the first 21 Thrusters unbroken (WOAH!) and I think it may have been a bit overkill and burned me out before I got in to the pull ups. I know my shoulders were sore from the day before, but my time was still 1:50 slower than my previous Fran time (7:00). I used the same weight as before for the thrusters (55lb) but this time I used the Thick Green Band instead of the Thick Black Band (so I used Less Resistance this time). Thoughts?

  • Fran

  • 21-15-9, Thrusters (55lb) and Pullups (Thick Green Band)

  • 8:50


August 24th - Walk the Dogs - Worked a double shift and wanted a rest day.

How were your workouts for the week?