- Longevity - I want to be around for a long time. Eating healthy and being active are two key pieces to that.
- Energy - I always feel more energized when I am eating whole foods and limiting processed ones.
- Mental Clarity - When I am healthy I feel clear and ready to take on the day.
- Confidence - Yes, superficial, but when I am a healthy weight, eating healthy foods and exercising regularly I feel confident about my body.
- Setting a Positive Example - As a Registered Nurse, I need to practice what I preach. That includes setting a healthy example with my diet, exercise, and coping skills.
- Supporting those I love - You can only help and support others as good as you support yourself.
- Hitting PR's - When I am nutritionally focused, I can better perform in the gym and on my runs.
- Environmental Sustainability - It is more environmentally friendly to eat a whole foods, plant based diet.
- Less Cravings - Taste buds change.
- Feeling Free - I remember a time when I felt free of all of the weight (emotionally and physically). I want to get back there. I will get back there.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Why I Want to Maintain Health
Ever created a list of the reasons you want to be healthy so that you can refer back to it when your motivation is lacking? It is a seriously awesome tool that can help amp up that motivation and kick start your gears to keep moving towards your goals.