healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Why I Want to Maintain Health

Ever created a list of the reasons you want to be healthy so that you can refer back to it when your motivation is lacking? It is a seriously awesome tool that can help amp up that motivation and kick start your gears to keep moving towards your goals.

  1. Longevity - I want to be around for a long time. Eating healthy and being active are two key pieces to that.

  2. Energy - I always feel more energized when I am eating whole foods and limiting processed ones.

  3. Mental Clarity - When I am healthy I feel clear and ready to take on the day.

  4. Confidence - Yes, superficial, but when I am a healthy weight, eating healthy foods and exercising regularly I feel confident about my body.

  5. Setting a Positive Example - As a Registered Nurse, I need to practice what I preach. That includes setting a healthy example with my diet, exercise, and coping skills.

  6. Supporting those I love - You can only help and support others as good as you support yourself.

  7. Hitting PR's - When I am nutritionally focused, I can better perform in the gym and on my runs.

  8. Environmental Sustainability - It is more environmentally friendly to eat a whole foods, plant based diet.

  9. Less Cravings - Taste buds change.

  10. Feeling Free - I remember a time when I felt free of all of the weight (emotionally and physically). I want to get back there. I will get back there.