healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Monday, July 1, 2013

July Goals

Hello Birthday Month! Hello Wedding Month!

I have been waiting for you for a while now ;)

I don't know if I ever told this story on the blog. If I did, forgive me.

I was 15 and Matthias was 18 when we first started dating back in 2005. I remember looking ahead in the calendar on the computer that summer (I think about a month in to us dating) to see when our dating Anniversary (July 6th, 2005) would land on a Saturday. Well sure enough, 2013 was the first year that it landed on a Saturday. I remember telling my mom and all my friends that that was going to be my wedding day.

Fast forward to 2010 when I met my best friend and maid of honor Kate. We were working at Starbucks one day and I told her that story, but I added in the line "So, if we survive the 2012 apocalypse, that will be my wedding day." I also realized that it would be perfect because I would have already been done school for a year and therefor making money.

Well in September of 2012 Matthias proposed. We already had the date picked out :)

2012 came and went, and I made Matthias drive me to work that day because I finish my evening shifts at 11:45 and don't get home until after midnight and I didn't want to be alone in case the world ended. True story. I have a special man.

So here we are. July 1st, 2013. In 5 sleeps I am going to make that special man my husband FOR LIFE. Its about time. This isn't just any day. This is the day. A day I have been waiting for for 8 years. Bring on the tears.

Recap of June: I did pretty good with my gratitude practice, trusting myself, and increasing my blogging. Hurrah!

Goals:

  1. Participate in Krysten's July #BodyLove Challenge

  2. Run 3x per week - Half Marathon Training Represent!

  3. Practice Yoga at least 1x week

  4. Keep a Food Log for the ENTIRE month - This is supes lofty, but I am going to try. Not for calorie counting sake, but more for observation to try and decipher my hunger cues. This is also to see how my eating will change with a new job.


What are your goals for the month of July? ( the greatest month of the year ;) )