healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Here is the Truth


  • I am complacent. I am ambivalent. I am undecided if I want to step it up a notch with the healthy eating. Right now I would say I am legit giving it about a 50% effort. Not good.

  • This minimal effort is showing. I am unhappy with the way my body looks. I look soft. I don't mind the curves. I don't mind my thighs touching or the cellulite. But I don't feel like I look as toned as I want to. This needs to change.

  • I just don't feel like running. I mean.... at all. Every day that I have a scheduled training run in is the.worst. All I want to do is crossfit (l.o.v.e), lift weights, and cross train on my fancy new elliptical.

  • Why, oh why, don't I want to run? Probably because I feel out of "running shape" and my speed and lack of endurance mirror that. I know, I know, if I just bucked up and started running regularly it would easily come back, but I just can't muster the motivation to do it. Long runs seem especially dreadful.

  • This totally sucks because I am running a half marathon on August 25th and my longest run to date (which was 3 weeks ago) was 10km. Fack.

  • I feel like I haven't regained my energy since the wedding. With starting a new job, attending 2 other weddings, and everything in between I feel thinly stretched and worn out.

  • I feel like today I should take a "rest day" but a mental rest day, not a physical one. Maybe then I can be back at it tomorrow? Nice enough weather out, I will probably take the dogs to the park, but sleeping in until 10am and missing my long run definitely make me feel like a tad bit of a failure.

  • Long time readers know my 2 favorite words: Consistency and Commitment. Yeah. I got neither of those right now.