healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's Hard Out There..

..but its getting easier.

I ready an excellent blog post today from Girls Gone Strong founder Molly Galbraith. It is titled "It's Hard Out There for a Fit Chick" and I strong encourage all of my readers to take the time to read it.

This article really resonated with me.

Working on self acceptance has been tough, but so worth it. I think at this time, in this body, I am the most comfortable and confident in my skin that I have EVER been. I have always tried to be transparent here, and I honestly feel like I have turned a corner for the better.

I weight 155lb on a good morning, naked, after going pee.

I wear a size 8 comfortably.

I wear a Medium shirt, but sometimes I need a Large.

I am 5 feet 4.5 inches tall.

I have cray cray hips and a round booty.

I have cellulite.

My bra size went up to 36C.

I'm a curvy girl, not petite.

All of these things don't make me any less of a woman, any less sexy, any less desirable. They make me unique. They make me, Me.

Do I feel any less healthy than when I was at 130lb worrying about gaining weight? Absolutely not. In fact, I feel healthier. I can lift heavier than I ever have before, I have run farther than I ever have. I am full of energy. I don't suffer from Hypoglycemia anymore. I don't have Orthostatic Hypotension anymore.

I hope that you all can take some time today to reflect on the things that make you uniquely beautiful. I hope you can speak to yourself with kindness, even if its hard, it will get easier.