healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Gratitude Saturday

Trying to keep true to my June Goals, here is my first Recap of my daily Gratitude :)

Sunday

  • Coffee to get me through my travels - I was up at 4:25am to travel to Toronto and the first thing that came to mind when I woke up was absolutely the desire to have coffee. I had 3 different types of Coffee this day, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, and a DELICIOUS Iced Latte from Whole Foods.


Monday

  • Opportunities to see extended family - I like across the country from my Grandparents and only get to see them every few years as they no longer fly and don't have a car they feel is reliable to drive across Canada with. I was able to meet up with my Grandpa and Nan and it was so nice to spend some time with them :)


Tuesday

  • Early Morning Crossfit - So rejuvenating to take a class at 6am. I was definitely tired, but I felt much more energized following. The WOD was focused Bench Press, and Pull-Ups and was great!


Wednesday

  • The Opportunity to learn from Nursing Leaders - Being in Toronto, I was able to go on a Walking Tour of Regent Park with one of my nursing Idols Cathy Crowe. She is a street nurse and has done so much work with the homeless across eastern Canada. It was an honor to spend the day with her to learn from her.


Thursday

  • Cross Country Friendships - I was able to meet up with a friend in Toronto that I hadn't seen in a few years and we went for supper at Fresh on Spadina. Delicious Vegetarian Food, Organic White Wine, and Lots of Good Conversation and Laughs were had. I don't have a huge social circle, but I try to keep in touch with certain people throughout my life and I love having friends that you don't see for a long time but when you do, can pick up the friendship like no time has passed.


Friday

  • My Pillow - Have I told the story of my pillow on here before? My apologies if I have already. I have had the same pillow since I was three I think (definitely for as long as I can remember). It is super flat, and underneath the 2 pillow cases on it, it is falling apart. It has followed me through all of my moves, and it is seriously the most comfortable pillow I have ever had. I don't even sleep on it necessarily. I usually sleep with it across my chest or spoon it. It is the one item I would think to grab in a fire. Seriously. I think if one of my dogs were to destroy my pillow we would probably have to get rid of the dog. THAT is how much I love it. Its the equivalent of a child's safety blanket, but I like to think its more sophisticated than that. I usually don't travel with it because it is a hassle, so it is one of the top 3 things I look forward to coming home to.


Saturday

  • Muscles - I PR'ed my Dead lift today! My last 1RM was 125lb back in January and today I was able to lift 150lb!! Such a great feeling.


What are you grateful for today?