healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Gym

For the past 3 years, I have been a member of the Women's Only Gym in my city.

When I was first starting out, it was perfect. I loved the classes. I loved the cardio equipment. I loved that there were only ladies working out there. I was self conscious and this gym made my insecurities seem less. I felt like I fit in there.

As I progressed with my fitness, I fell in love with spin. But then the prices went up to much, so I cancelled my unlimited spin membership. I missed it, but it gave me the push I needed to try crossfit.

Crossfit changed my life. I love it. I have loved every class that I have taken, even though they kick my butt. Once I joined crossfit, I stopped going to the classes at my other gym, because I felt like I had outgrown them.

For a while now, I have wanted to get more serious about strength training. I feel like I was lacking knowledge in how to create a program for myself, so on top of my crossfit membership and gym membership, I started paying for weekly sessions with a trainer.

I found these to be both therapeutic and challenging because it pushed me in to an area I didn't feel comfortable with. It also reaffirmed that I felt like I had outgrown the women's only gym.

They don't have a squat rack. There equipment is out dated. They focus too much on cardio. And while I did like their classes, I no longer took them. The membership was also a bit pricey at $50/month.

Well, since I have moved out of the city to the smaller city of Blackfalds, I qualified for their Membership Transfer Program. Luckily I found someone on Kijiji and this last week, they took over my membership!

What does that mean?

I joined a new gym!

Bent Iron Gym to be exact.

I like that they are cheaper, newer, and closer to my house. I also like all the strength based equipment, which is forcing me out of my comfort zone!

Not going to lie, the gym is filled with juice heads, but I am not there to ogle the steroid boys, I am there to work on the guns ;)

BlogSign