healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hypothermic 1/2 Marathon - Race Recap

Lets talk about what makes a run good and what makes a run bad, shall we?

Good:

  • The Sun - I love having the rays shine down on me.

  • A bit of a breeze, but not to strong - to cool me down.

  • Like +10 weather is just perfect.

  • When my playlist picks good songs when on Shuffle.

  • Seeing a good km split on my Nike Watch

  • Time going by quickly

  • Fueling properly so that you never feel fatigued


Bad:

  • Rain

  • Snow

  • Strong Wind

  • Uneven ground, making it slippery

  • Heavy Legs

  • Not going to the bathroom before running

  • Having to go to the bathroom while running

  • Blisters

  • Chafing

  • Slow times


Why did I review these things, you ask?

selfWell, today I ran half marathon.

And it was awful.

weather snow

It was blizzarding out. It was slippery. It was humid. It was windy. The ground was uneven, so I used a whole lotta stabilizing muscles and had to significantly slow my pace so that I wouldn't fall.

medal

I fueled beautifully for this race and my legs felt fresh. Had the weather conditions been nicer, it would have been the perfect run.

blisters

Alas, I ended up with huge blisters and an Amie Personal Worst at 2:31:46. Could be worse I guess :P
BlogSign