healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Support and Week 1 Recap

Thank you, thank you, thank you. From the depths of my heart. So many thoughtful and supportive comments left on my last post.

I want to stress the importance that this revelation is NOT directed at achieving some magical number or clothing size. That's what it was about the last time around, and although I "got there" I want this time to be focused on a feeling. I achieved a feeling of freedom, comfort in my own skin, wholeness, and feeling light. It was related to the good things I was putting in my body. Not the numbers I was seeing. I was constantly stressed about the numbers and this is not about that anymore. This is the healthy brained Amie talking. Not the disordered one.

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 142lb.

I've been busy tracking food, being active, and reigning in those sugar cravings.

I think I am doing okay with it too. I mean, I have never been one to crash diet and lose a bunch of weight really quick, so I imagine this extra poundage will leave pretty slowly. Especially with Marathon Training.

Oh! About that.

My intercostal muscle is doing MUCH better. I took a full 3 weeks off of Crossfit (sad face), and did almost nothing besides walking and light jogging. I can still feel a tiny twinge in my ribs when I do a plank or anything else focused on my abdominals, but it is more like an annoyance than a pain.

First week of marathon training is up, and it went well. I got in all 3 scheduled runs, including a 3 mile easy run, 3 miles with hills, and a 10km long run. LOVE getting in those longer distances again. I havent run more than 8km since July due to Hypothalamic Amennorhea. WOAH. I took two rest days, did some weights and the stepper machine one day, and Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred another day. It felt really good to have the consistent exercise again.

Crossfit will be re-added this coming week. WISH ME LUCK.