healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Monday, October 1, 2012

October Goals

Wow. I feel like I just hit "Publish" on my September goals yesterday! Can you believe it is October already? I sure can't.

I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 131. I wish I could say I maintained my weight but I pretty much threw in the towel when I went to Vegas. Such as life. This last week I have been focusing on quality food instead of calories and have been feeling a lot better. Will continue to monitor the quality of the intake this month and hopefully get the weight back under the 130's.

So how did I do?
  1. Only 3 purchased drinks per week. Well... this probably could have been done a little bit better. I think I did about 75% good on this one. Will carry it over to next month ;)
  2. Run at least once per week. Success! Will continue to keep this up.
  3. Maintain my weight. Weighed in today at 131. A few of the spots where I measure inches were also up 0.5in. Not the end of the world. But also not awesome.
  4. Blog 3x a week. Ugh.. I think I did this before the Vegas trip and then stopped once I got back? About 50%. Will carry it over!
  5. Quit Baking. Aside from Bakin' Friends this was a success. I make Granola Bars for Matthias's lunch weekly, but those are "healthy" and I rarely eat them.
Not bad! Here are October's Goals:
  1. Only 3 purchased drinks per week.
  2. Run at least once per week.
  3. Blog 2x a week - I think this will be more manageable and achievable as I will be working a few double shifts and going away for 4 days to a conference.
  4. Practice Yoga 3x per week - Whether it be in a class or the 20 minute free podcasts I have on my Ipod, I hope to get down and Zen-y on a more regular basis.
  5. Walk the dogs 3 days a week - Poor pups have lacked in their walks a bit since starting to work full time. I am hoping to make this a regular habit even if it is just a 15 minute walk around my neighborhood.
  6. Buy a Wedding Dress - Going Shopping on October 27th. Have you seen my Pinterest Board? There are tons of ideas on there.. Any suggestions?!
  7. Weight Under 130.