healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Juice Cleanse; Day 3

Day 3. I feel good this morning!
Breakfast; 1 Medium Frozen Banana, 3/4 Cup Strawberries, 1/3 Avocado, 1/2 Tbsp Chia Seeds, 3 Baby Plums (1 serving)
How was it? Very tasty!
Lunch/Supper; 2 Beets, 4 Leaves of Kale, Handful of Garden Parsley, 4 Large Carrots, 2 Apples, 1/2 Lemon, 4 Stalks of Celery, 1 Tomato, 1/2 Cucumber (2 Servings)
How was it? Decent, I am starting to get used to the taste of juice.

I feel: Surprisingly good today. I slept like a log last night and got in a solid 9 hours!! Catch up for tomorrow's double shift :) Less Hangry, I feel "lighter" today
I want: To end after today. 3 full days and I am ready to re-introduce solids in to my diet. I am going to ease back in to eating by having my smoothie and 2 juices tomorrow and a salad for supper. I am also working a double shift, so I didn't think it would be wise to work 16 hours only running on juice. I want to Run on Healthy ;)
I weigh: 127.5lb. Please note: I didn't do this for weight loss at all. I did this for cleansing my system and giving my system a break. I am sure the weight loss is all water weight, but it is still nice to see ;)
Activity: 30 minute walk with the Dogs, 20 minutes of Yoga.
I learned: That I can live without my beloved Banana's, Chocolate, PB, and Starbucks, but that life is pretty sucky without them! I also learned that juicing is hard, time consuming, and sometimes not too tasty, but that it has great health benefits. I didn't complete the full 10 days, but I absolutely appreciate food 100% more than before. I can't wait to get back to eating whole, fresh food. I plan on keeping dairy out of the equation and eggs just on occasion. This really renewed my sense of determination to fuel my body with only the best!