|2 weeks ago..|
|Yesterday!! Check out those Monstrosities that are Zucchini Plants in the back|
|BABIES!!!! Look at my little Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cayenne, and Cabbage kids :)|
|Yesterdays Harvest; Chard, Radishes, Dill, Parsley, Chives, Spinach|
|The Butternut didn't survive the move..|
|Oh yeah! I am officially a nurse now :)|
Some worthy additions:
- Don't let the boyfriend plant 6 seeds of radishes/hole. They are aggressive growers and 6 seeds = no full radishes haha.
- Zucchini plants grow really big.. they started taking dominating the area where the butternut squash was planted so I dug him up as gently as I could and tried to move him. It was unsuccessful.
- Love my little florets that are growing - does anyone know how long they take to mature?
- Nothing yet with the Brussel Sprouts... any info?
- Spinach is tricky... maybe stick to lettuce next year.
- Buy a gardening book and have a better strategy for next year. We are going to have roughly 5 cabbage plants all ready at the same time.... anyone want an organic, locally grown cabbage? ;)
- To pair with our cabbage, we are going to have a giant 4in cayenne pepper.. spicy cabbages for all! (Its our only pepper that sprouted)
- Gardening is very rewarding. I am a proud plant mama.
- I got my CRNE certificate in the mail on Wednesday. I can officially register as an RN. I am a little unsure of the process though, so I am off to research that.
- Always appreciate your days off. I have gone on long walks, taken a yoga class, organized my paperwork, watched a movie (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; could NOT get in to the book but loved the movie!!), done some housework, and taken a bath. I am starting to feel refreshed.
- I like the Chocolate VegaOne powder that I bought. I mix it with coffee and Almond Milk in the mornings.
- Matthias comes home tomorrow. I miss him and his handy-man skills. I need him to fix the squeak in my elliptical that is driving me nuts and mow the lawn.
- I haven't counted calories since I moved (roughly 4 weeks ago). I have been focusing on whole foods, and trying to limit sugary snacks. It is nice have certain temptations out of the house that my dad used to keep around regularly.
- I also haven't weighed myself since I moved as the scale I used was my dads. On my next pay day I will buy one. My measurements have all stayed the same.