healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday - An update on Life

 “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”   Mahatma Gandhi
Hi Friends, Welcome to the first Thankful Thursday in a while. Where has the time gone? I thought it might be a good idea to do an update about how life is, what I am up to, and what the near future holds!

Matthias
Matthias is good as per usual. Very supportive of me working only evenings, working hard himself, and spending as much time with me as he can. We cook together, go on walks together, go to movies together and spend hours talking. I am so grateful to have my best friend by my side and I couldn't have asked for a better partner.

Work
Well I think it is no surprise that I LOVE MY JOB. Oh my goodness!! The people I work with are so supportive and welcoming. They answer all of my questions and help me when I am unsure of anything. The unit is really really great. I love working with the patients and can see myself working there for a long time. I feel so blessed. I find out my results from the CRNE in 3-5 more weeks. I will hopefully be getting good results so I will post them when I know!

House
Move in on June 29th!!! AHHHH!!! Everything is all complete! Lawyers done, Taxes are done, Utilities are done! We are having a house warming party/birthday party on July 8th. I will post pictures when we are all moved in!

Car
I am in a rental car right now. Will probably be in one for the next 5-6weeks while they are fixing my car.

Exercise
Running a 10km race on Sunday - Hustle for Hunger. Also running a half marathon in July in Lacombe. I am working on my strength and am having fun pushing myself and feeling muscles that I have never felt before! More on that later ;) I feel like I have found a nice balance between types of exercise such as Running, Spin, Yoga, Walking, Strength, and other ways to stay active.

Food 
I am feeling more and more comfortable with listening to my body. I weighed in at 129lb on Sunday. I feel like I have found a weight/size/level of activity that I can keep up to maintain my weight. I track my food less but feel more mindful about the choices that I am making. I don't feel the same anxiety surrounding food that I did last summer. It has been a year now that I have felt "at goal" and I truly believe this is the person I am supposed to be. I am enjoying making healthy summer salads, perusing the farmers market, and indulging in moderation. I feel like food has less of a pull on my life now. I trust myself without depriving myself.

Wisdom Teeth
Surgery from hell. First I almost got an infection from food stuck in the holes. Then I had extreme constipation. Then I was in really bad pain. After that I got an infection in the opposite side in my cheek and was placed on antibiotics. Yeah. And that's not all. Last week, a piece of residual bone migrated out of my cheek. It felt like something "broke off" in my mouth. There was blood. My dad and Matthias were both like WHAT IS THAT?! I then pulled it out with tweezers. It was about 2cm long. So gross.

So I think that's it? Off to Hot Yoga! ;)