May was my first month participating in the "Foodie Pen Pal" Program, and I must say, it was awesome! I am excited to participate again in June.
Here is a bit of information on Foodie Pen Pals:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
Okay, so this month I sent Miss Bailey at Onederland or Bust a box of goodies. Go check out her blog!
My box came from a lovely soul all the way over in Quebec. Françoise was kind enough to fill up my box with amazing things for my new house. The items inside were so thoughtful, they will all go to good use.
Inside my box was:
- Hand knitted clothes and a tea towel; These are amazing. They are beautiful. I was very touched when I received something so personal for my new house. These will go to good use.
- A Quebec Magnet; Somehow Françoise new that I collected magnets. I don't have a fridge of my own, but when I do I have about 30 magnets that will be going up. I look forward to adding this magnet to my collection
- Quebec Water; drank this pretty much right away as I had just gotten home from the gym. Was very fresh and clear tasting (if that makes sense?)
- Organic Quebec Oats; Holy yum.
- Quebec Honey; My boyfriend loves honey on his toast. This honey is drippy and tasty.
- Salt and Peppa; Perfect for a couple who doesn't own shakers!
- Minced Garlic; My dad saw this and instantly asked if he could use some on his steak at supper. I kindly obliged. He loved it ;)
- Old Fashioned Mustard; I am a mustard fanatic. I seriously dip everything into mustard. Carrots. French Fries. You name it.
- Handwritten Recipes; Honey Orange Dressing, Carrot Soup, Savory Mustard Pie, and Quick and Easy Tofu Burgers, all of these recipes use the other ingredients sent to me. I have made the Honey Orange Dressing and had it on a salad - it was so light and crisp! I forgot to snap a picture of it.
Here is a picture of the Tofu Burgers:
These were super easy to make and very yummy!
So Foodie Pen Pal #1 was awesome. I am so happy that I took part this month and I am so thankful to Françoise for creating such a personal and lovely box for me.