healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday - A Slow Recovery.

Been M.I.A.

Not been feeling great.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, or use this blog as a place to mope around. No "Poor Amie" Here. So I will write a list of how I am feeling, post my eating for the day, and write a more detailed, uplifting post when I dig myself out of my recovery funk.
  • I can't eat anything witch crunch/small particles (eg. oats)/large pieces(eg. sugar snap peas), or anything that can't be cut into bite size or smushed and mulled around my mouth like cud (cow food). This means I haven't eaten very many vegetables in the past week. This means all I am craving right now is a big ol' plate of raw veggies and hummus. Or a ginormous salad. Or both. Right. Now. Instead? I have been consuming pudding, apple sauce, and Ensure.
  • I can't run. Run. Run Run. Ouch. My. Teeth. Hurt. It actually isn't even my teeth. It is still my jaw. Or between my cheek and my jaw and my teeth if that makes sense? I am supposed to run a half marathon in less than 4 weeks which means I am supposed to taper in less than 2 weeks. How am I supposed to stop running if I can't even run now? I am reluctantly starting to think I may not be able to run this race, or if I can, I will be running it veeerrrryyy slowly. The surgeon said it could be between 2-3wks until the holes start to close up, and full recovery of the bone doesn't happen until 3-4 months (although pain should be gone by week 2 I believe).
  • The first few days weren't bad at all. Codeine makes everything better. That is... until you count the days since your last bowel movement and discover it has been almost 6. That.. coupled with the belly that looks 4 months pregnant (trust me on this one, it was protruding past my boobs), and hypoactive bowel sounds.... coupled with painful teeth now with the realization that one should probably not continue with the T3's, leads to agonizing discomfort. Woo. Hoo.
  • I had to have the bottom holes flushed and now have to flush them twice a day myself with chlorhexidine mouthwash becuase I had food starting to rot in there. So Nasty. I can handle bodily fluids of other people. I can watch surgery, give needles and start IV's and catheters and not think twice about it. When it comes to myself? I feel so faint and nauseous. It blows.
  • I had a hypoglycemic attack today in Superstore. From my lack of eating "real food".
  • I feel weak, tired, and not like myself.
Here's a list of the good, there is always good.
  • I have had 4 calls for interviews! Fingers crossed that I get one of the jobs!
  • I think I lost weight. HAH.
  • The weather is more spring-ish outside (although not today).
  • I signed up for a CRNE prep course! This will help me get ready for my big test and on my way to becoming an RN!
  • Every day the soreness becomes a little easier and I can space out the Tylenol ES and Ibuprofen a little farther.
 Here are today's Eats:

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream and Stevia, 2 Blueberry Pancakes, English Style Cream, and Banana Slices with PB from Cora.
Post Hypoglycemic Snack: Iced Coffee from Tim Horton's
Lunch: 1c Cream of Mushroom Soup and 1 Dempster's BodyWise Wrap with Tofurky, Honey Mustard, and Marble Cheese (Melted
Snack: 100calorie Muscle Mlk
Supper: Annie's Organic White Cheddar Shells with Cauliflower 'rice' and mixed vegetables chopped tres tiny so that they could be swallowed with minimal mastication
Snacks following supper: 1/4 Peanut Butter Cup Mini Pie, 1/4c Mocaccino Frozen Yogurt, 1/2 Banana Cream Donut