healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

No Long Run Today

I am feeling much better. With the ability to actually chew food (although not great), and the mobility of my jaw back I am feeling more like myself each day. The slits in my side gum/cheek are still little buggers to rinse out, those bad boys are DEEP, but I am seeing fresh tissue so it is nice to know I am healing up.

I knew I wouldn't be able to do a long run today, so instead I did 2 hours of low impact cardio. Definitely not the same as a run, but if it helps to keep up my endurance I will take it. I did 60min on the stepper, 30min on the stationary bike, and 30min on the elliptical. It worked up a good sweat. Halfway through I ate a yogurt to keep my blood sugar up.

I stepped on the scale as well, and to my surprise the number was 128.5lb! Happily back in my goal weight range. Now to see if I can maintain it haha.

So I am almost a year into maintenance, and I have noticed that I am more comfortable with making food choices, more flexible with making plans and deviating from plans, and less consumed with the gripping fear that I am going to gain all the weight back over night. I know that I need to make good food choices, and pick healthy things over chocolate and ice cream, but if I do pick chocolate or ice cream I don't freak out about it and get down on myself like I used to.

I imagine that this will continue as I continue to maintain. I feel like I am no longer just balancing on a tight rope, and that perhaps I can maneuver my way through this for the rest of my life.