healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

What I Ate - Comparison

Here is a comparison of yesterday with a "better" day. I use the term better loosely because I had a failed attempt at baking cookies and ended up.... *cough* eating quite a bit of the batter *cough*.
Breakfast: Weight Watchers whole wheat bun with PB & sliced Banana topped with a bit of homemade low sugar granola
Post Gym: Soy Iced Latte with Caramel Drizzle and 2 Peak Frean Banana Chocolate Cookies
Lunch: Salad Monster with left over Beans, corn, salsa, tomatoes, peppers, onion, carrots, and nutritional yeast. TASTY. Cake Truffle found in freezer, must have fallen off the pan when I made them last week? Freezer burnt :(
Between Lunch & Supper: See that picture of those 2 delicious cookies? Mine were delicious, but gross looking. Not sure what happened but I didn't snap a picture of them.
Supper: Still feeling full, another salad monster topped with corn and beans, raisins, pumpkin seeds, homemade candied pecans ( !!! toasted in a frying pan with a bit of oil and the drizzled with honey and cinnamon! HOLY YUM), 1/2 cara cara orange, and a wee bit of roasted yam. Salad topped with sprinkled cinnamon and a drizzle of honey - this. was. awesome. I will definitely make again!

I am back in Edmonton now for a week. 5 Day Shifts and 1 Evening Shift! I lost track of how many shifts I have left. That's a good thing right?! I am about a week away from Mid-Term.... Am I a real nurse yet? :)