healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday [3]

 Today's Thankful Thursday comes on a Friday. Why you ask? Because today I am celebrating the birthday of my role model, one of my best friends, one of my main supports in life, my dad.

In celebration of his birthday I baked him a Grass-Fed Beef Round Roast. Yes. The Vegetarian cooked the self proclaimed Meatatarian a roast. I also made a Roasted Apple Pecan Salad, Stuffed Zucchini, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. For dessert.... a 3 Tier Black Forrest Cake ---> HOMEMADE. It wasn't the prettiest (aka I suck at adding whip cream and chocolate shavings to cakes) but it was really freaking good. The entire meal was delicious. He even told me he liked the zucchini even though he usually doesn't like them. I rock.

So does he though. And that's why I am thankful for him.

He is not my biological father, in fact, my mother and him have not been together for 16 years now. They broke up when I was 7, but he remained a main part of my life. He sort of "adopted" me as his daughter because my own biological dad was MIA. He took me to dance class, took me to supper, payed for school supplies and clothes, and so much more. He was always there for me, even when I moved away from Red Deer to Dawson Creek. He would pay to fly me down twice a year for 2 weeks. He taught me how to be a good person and instilled a solid set of values in me. If it were not for his love and support, I would not be the young woman I am today.

He is a genuinely good person. I moved back to Red Deer following High School so I could be closer to him. When Matthias and I broke up, I moved in with him, and have been living here ever since. When my sister could no longer live with my mother, she moved in here with us (and he is not her father either). He takes her to and from school when I am up in Edmonton. He is now teaching her how to be a good person, just as he did with me. He has put up with my pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) for the last year and a half. He even agreed to Matthias moving in this past January so that we could save for a house.

He has provided me with so much opportunity in life. I can't even put in to words how important he is to me. I hope he knows just how much I love him and appreciate him. I don't say it enough, but I am so thankful for his influence.