healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Love Story

Saw this and thought it would be a great idea! After reading mine, post yours and put a link in my comments so I can come read yours :)

1. How long have you and you significant other been together?
5 years and 2 months :)
 
2. How did you meet? What’s your “love story”?
I met Matthias at his 18th birthday. I was an outgoing bratty 14 year old, and I approached him (whilst he was intoxicated, I however, was not drinking that eve) and I said, and I quote, "Talk dirty to me in German" The rest.... is history. Lol. He replied, saying something really short in German, blushing, and I asked "So what did that mean?" He replied "Well, in German, it means your sexy, and in English it translates to your horny" We both laughed about it. We became friends, and 2 months later he became my boyfriend. We fell fast and he moved in 3 months later (I still lived at home). We had a happy 4.5 years, and then during the last .5 of that year, I realized I needed to do some growing on my own. I ended the relationship, which crushed him, and we went our separate ways for 1.5 years. We slowly became better and better friends again and then I realized what had been missing in my life. Surely enough, my soul mate still loved me, and I, now recognizing and fully appreciating this fact decided it was time to get back together. To this day, I wonder why I am so lucky, and I try to show Matthias how grateful for him I am every. single. day. He is the one person on this planet who I want to give happiness to for the rest of his life. He deserves nothing short of the world. <3
 
3. How long have you been married? If not married, is this the guy you hope to marry?
Matthias and I will hopefully wed on July 6th, 2013, our 7 year anniversary
 
4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
I imagine our wedding to be small, close friends and family only, a nice little celebration of our happiness.


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I call Matthias "Matee" and then he returns it by using the same pronunciation to say "Amie" with emphasis on the "eeee", haha, I also call him Tee, or Teeus, and he calls me sweetie some time. When we first started dating I was upfront with the anti-Babe thing - I hate being called it!
 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is supportive, hilarious and strong.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Anything that Matthias puts time into will be worth it and perfect. I can't think of an ideal way, but he has stated that it will occur sometime this summer, it is dependent on me (what the heck does this mean!?) and that it won't be anything flashy or huge (which is totally okay with me!)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Flowers. We both agree that love shouldn't be celebrated only once a year and so we frequently do little things to show our love for one another.


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
It depends on the season I guess! Summer = outdoors please, Winter = hibernation NOW :)


10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Climb the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu.


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
I am taking my little sister to the Simple Plan Concert for her 13th birthday actually :) FLOOR SEATS! But Matthias came to Edmonton to visit me today and we went for supper and a walk on Whyte Ave and through Ikea. We also got couples massages a few weeks ago in early celebration. 
 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
Matthias bought me the couples massage and I got boudoir pictures taken for him (How risque lol - I would never do it again, I am not the "sexy" type, I felt so awkward! They turned out great, but I'm not sure it was worth the discomfort)
  13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Always appreciate your partner and make certain they know this. Appreciation of one another fosters kindness and open communication.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
2006


2012
2009