healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Insanity Week 1 & What I am Up To

Lets see here if we can get a solid post outta me! I have been so consumed with life (which is probably a good thing) that I have been severely neglecting this lovely little place.

Alas, I forgot to photo my food again.... lets try for this Wednesday. I think I am going to set an alarm on my phone? Yes. That is precisely what I am going to do!

H'okay. So whats new with me? Well I am 41 shifts shy of being a graduate nurse! WHAT! My final practicum is stellar so far. Preceptor is a pretty cool guy. The unit has been very welcoming. The patients are SO incredibly interesting. I am learning a lot about myself, my values, and my beliefs, and I could definitely see myself working in forensics. Here is a description of the Unit I am on:
"Admissions to Unit 3-5 (Intensive Care) receive treatment under the Alberta Mental Health Act. Assessment and intensive psychiatric treatment are provided to persons awaiting trial, found Not Criminally Responsible (NCR) or Unfit to Stand Trial, or have a Treatment Order under the Criminal Code of Canada. Prisoners from the remand centre awaiting trial and serving prisoners from the correctional facilities are also accommodated. Referrals are occasionally accepted from FACS (Forensic Assessment and Community Services) when they suffer from an acute relapse of their mental illness." Source
Pretty cool, right? A little scary. Very stimulating. I am blessed that I have such a cool experience. I am looking forward to the next 9 weeks and I expect they will fly by.

Being in Edmonton is also great. I have made it a goal of mine to try out every Vegetarian Restaurant and this past week I tried out The Loma House. It is a quaint little spot just off 23rd ave. Very new location. Great portion sizes. Friendly staff. Yum! I would reccomend to anyone. I also like that they sell some vegetarian foods like Veggie Steam Buns, Chik'n Cutlets, Vegetarian Spring Rolls, ext.. I had Combo A, and I chose the Berry Smoothie, Teriyaki Chik'n and Vegetable Medely. I tried the Banana Chocolate Mousse for dessert. I ate half and brought the other half home and mixed it into my morning oats. It was very tasty and fresh. I will be back for sure.

Insanity has been going good. I am done the first week. The warm up is a bit repetitive... but I can deal with that. Here are my fitness test stats from day 1:
  1. Switch Kicks: 42
  2. Power Jacks: 46
  3. Power Knees: 59
  4. Power Jumps: 33
  5. Globe Jumps: 11.5
  6. Suicide Jumps: 17
  7. Push-Up Jacks: 9
  8. Low Plank Oblique 35
 I will update the next time I do the test. It is definitely a good program to do now that I am unable to go to my gym. It has been too chilly for me (cause I am a baby) to run outside and with no treadmill I missed my medium run this week. I will also possibly miss my long run next week if the weather doesn't perk up. Such as life. OH! Last weeks long run was AWESOME. PR 10km!! 57:11. NICE. So so proud of myself!

Eating has been the same. Working on intuitive eating and healthy choices. I am happy with how I have been eating. It is at a manageable spot right now. I could live the rest of my life eating this way.

I have decided to sell my size 2 pants that no longer fit to Plato's Closet. I am not upset that I am a 4 now. I am way more muscular and physically fit now than I was this summer. I was on the verge of too thin this summer. I feel great the way I am now, but the size 2's that don't fit are a constant reminder. It is in no way a failure, but that is how I feel, and until they are gone they will be there to quietly wisper as such. Does this make sense? It isn't really about the number. It has to do with the fact that I let myself spend the money on the clothes. That I was naive enough to think I could stay that way. Live and Learn.

Matthias is lovely. My best friend. I miss him immensly when I am gone. I look forward to when I get to see him and when I will get to be with him one hundy percent of the time.

I think that is probably all folks? I will, I WILL, do a What I Ate Wednesday this week.

Catch ya on the health side ;)