healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

I really like seeing what other bloggers eat! It is a good comparison to my own portion sizes, and helps me to brainstorm ideas of what I want to create in my Kitchen. I saw the whole "What I Ate Wednesday" on another blog, but I don't remember where (!? - If it's you please let me know so I can reference it!). Anywho, it sounds like a good idea, and now that I am not counting calories like I used to I figure it might be a neat way to show you that I haven't gone off the deep end. In fact, I think it has been going splendidly. I feel less stress and tension, I am listening more and more each day to my body signals, and I am practicing more conscientious eating. Yay!

Wednesdays have also become "Scone & A Coffee" Wednesday for me. I love me some City Roast and including a weekly, fresh out of the oven scone into my diet brings me a lot of happiness :) I savor them, truly savor them, and by the end of breakfast I am ready to have a positive day.

That being said. On "What I Ate Wednesday" you will probably (hopefully!) always see a scone and a coffee for breakfast! Yum-o.

Starting the day off right with a Downtowner Latte (Subbed espresso for 1/2 medium roast, Soy Milk & Half Sweet), This week's scone was very delicious, cinnamon apple, can't go wrong!
Snackage: 1 small banana, diced, with 2tbsp Chocolate PB2, Microwaved x30sec (Looks gross, tastes heavenly)
Lunch: Light Hummus & Mixed Veggies, PC Wrap with Tofurky, Swiss, Mushrooms & Cucumber, Spinach & 'Cado
Snackage #2

Supper: Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Mixed Beans in Tomato sauce, topped with fresh Parmesan
Dessert: 100 Cal Yogurt Pretzels
Oh Hey There Grad Ring! Glad you finally arrived in the mail.
So what did you think? Not too bad hey. It was a yummy day and I am looking forward to bringing this in once a week. I also want to try out a play on Lindsey's Foodie Friday, but I don't think that will start until after my preceptorship.

It's already January 18th! Woah. How are your resolutions going? If they aren't, just remember that you don't need to wait until tomorrow, or the start of a new week to make a change. Make a committment right now, to yourself, that your next food choice will be a healthy food choice.