healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Reject the Diet Mentality

1. Reject the Diet Mentality Throw out the diet books and magazine articles that offer you false hope of losing weight quickly, easily, and permanently. Get angry at the lies that have led you to feel as if you were a failure every time a new diet stopped working and you gained back all of the weight. If you allow even one small hope to linger that a new and better diet might be lurking around the corner, it will prevent you from being free to rediscover Intuitive Eating.
This is what I have been focusing on the past two weeks. Slowly, one by one, and I am going to attempt to "master" (if you will) the whole intuitive eating thing. I want to find a balance between health, eating well, and moving my body that will bring about a happy and healthy weight. I want to feel good. I want to look good. I want to accomplish these things without stress and worry about numbers.


How have I rejected the diet mentality thus far?
  1. No longer counting calories
  2. Creating healthy, balanced, vegetarian meals while being conscious of ingredients and how I am feeling after eating
  3. Attempting to watch my grazing - I could eat all day if I let myself
  4. Trying to eat only when I am hungry and passing on food when I am not
I feel really good so far. I honestly don't believe I have jumped off a cliff or anything crazy with my eating habits. I eat breakfast, a snack if I am hungry, lunch, a bit of grazing/snack, supper, and sometimes something sweet. I have been exercising regularly and feel the same as I did before, just less stressed about the numbers. I haven't been doing any out of the ordinary baking or cooking, just the usual. I guess we will see how it goes.

My goal is to try and post a new principle every week and write about how I am working to achieve it.

Have you read any great healthy eating books that you would reccommend?
I love Intuitive Eating, as well as Breaking the Food Mentality.