healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Back On Track Plan .... Post-Christmas

I sit here, on Christmas Eve, preparing my back on track plan, because I want to be able to fully enjoy myself tonight and the food that I am going to eat.


Christmas Eve Dinner (With the Sis and the Dad)
- Tofurky with Gravy & Stuffing
- Brussel Sprouts and Buttah
- Freshly Made Croissants
- Broccoli Slaw
- Mashed Cauliflower

And for dessert.... I am going to try and make my own Eggnog Banana Ice Cream! Blend 1 Frozen Banana with Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar and Rum Extract. I will update you all on how it turned out! (Update: too much cinnamon, not enough nutmeg, was a bust.)

I am celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve because I work an evening shift tomorrow. Although I imagine there will be tons of sweets there tomorrow I am going to consciously try and choose the ones that I will love, not just like. That way I will enjoy it to fullest!

Boxing day is going to be all about the raw veggies and fruits. Smoothie, Salad, Veggies, Hummus. No sweets.

Tuesday I am picking Matthias up from the Airport in Calgary and we are going to be trying out The Coup. I am really excited for it. I am going to have the Organic Rainbow Greens salad to start, and the Greek Goddess as my main. I may enjoy a coconut chai... if I am feeling like something warm. If I want something cold I may have some White or a Phillips Longboat Chocolate Porter (Beer). For dessert (because who wouldn't?!) I hope to either split the White Chocolate Cheesecake or Vegan Chocolate Torte. It will be my final indulgence of 2011.

Starting December 28th I am going to try my best to do a "No Sugar Challenge" (yes....again) for 2 weeks. 14 days seems do-able right? I also tried my best to make it Amie-friendly, meaning I am allowing myself 1 square of dark chocolate a day. Not bad right? Take a look:
I wont be adding sugar to coffee, oatmeal, greek yogurt, anything. I will use stevia in it's place, because it is all natural and doesn't affect the blood sugar. No ice cream, no cookies, no cake, no squares.... no BAKING. No chips either.. but those are savory ;)

1 Square of Extra Fine Lindor Dark Chocolate, at my choice of time during the day. Any other sweetness will come from Fruit.

Once the 2 weeks are up, I hope that the habit will be broken enough to add 1 sweet treat into my diet once per week. I think that this is an acceptable amount.

We shall see how it goes :)

Hope you all have a great Christmas!