healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 in Review

So this is the time of year when everyone does a little recap of how 2011 went, what was accomplished, what may be put off to this year, and what was learned.
 I would just like to say that 2011 was pretty awesome. It has set me up with high expectations of 2012 and as long as the end of the world doesn't come (but lets not talk about that), I can imagine 2012 will be a pretty wicked year.

Here is a quick list of my highlights and lowlights of the year:

HIGHlights
  • Hit my goal weight..... then surpassed it.
  • Regular exercise is a part of my lifestyle.
  • I ran a 10km run, and then a half marathon, after not even being about to run 1.5km without needing a break.
  • I signed up for a Duathlon and a Second Half Marathon for 2012!
  • I met a workout buddy!
  • I fell in love with my soul mate... again. And then each time I see him, I fall in love again. How lucky am I?
  • I made it through being the president of the nursing society and learned a lot!
  • I bought a brand new car!
  • I went to Hamilton, Toronto, Winnipeg and Banff.
  • I continued with a vegetarian diet and reached my 1 year vegiversary.
  • I found Serenity.
LOWlights
  • At the beginning of the year I struggled with confidence and identifying my self worth.. this was expressed through poor decisions such as drinking and partying a bit to much and surrounding myself with bad people.
  • Sciatica
  • Food Addiction
  • Family issues, but I keep those private ;)
So as 2011 wraps up and I squeeze in as much rest and TLC as I can before school starts, I can confidently say that I am ready for 2012 and the challenges that I will face.

I have chosen my 2012 word! That's coming up next.

What's your word for 2012?