- Multivitamin - to top off any missing vitamins not found in the everyday diet
- Vitamin B12 - needed as I am a vegetarian, needed for regeneration of RBC's, manufacturing DNA and RNA, boosting immune system and lowering homocysteine levels
- Calcium - maintenance of bone health, neurotransmition, and blood clotting, essential for dental health, and muscle contraction
- Vitamin D - lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) and raises HDL (good cholesterol), reduces inflammation, helps with muscle maintenance and ensures absorption of all calcium. I strongly believe everyone (but especially seniors) should be on 1000 IU/day.
- Glucosamine - helps to rebuild cartilage, reduce inflammation, and reduce joint pain.
- Omega 3 - lowers cholesterol and risk of heart disease, reduces inflammation, reduces risk of Alzheimer's Dementia and Depression, helps to reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer as well as constipation
- Iron - to treat iron deficiency anemia, which increases the amount of hemoglobin available to red blood cells, leading to increased oxygenation of the body
Sunday, November 20, 2011
I find that when I am at my highest level of motivation (which comes and goes!) I am most prudent with my supplements. Here is a list of what I take and what I hope it does for me.