healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My 1st Vegetarian Anniversary

1 year ago tomorrow I made a huge change in my life. I had lost about 30 pounds, but was no where near where I wanted to be in terms of weight loss and my life. I still binge-ate at McDonalds at least once a week and I had no idea what I could do to stop this. I felt out of control.

I decided to become a vegetarian for the wrong reasons. You should never make a huge dietary change or remove a food group for weight loss reasons and I realize this now. I don't maintain my current lifestyle for the same reasons that I started with. I have done lots of research since cutting meat and most dairy from my diet and for me, it will be a lifelong thing.

Not eating meat has increased my energy, regulated my digestive system, and has changed my food pallet. I was never really a fan of vegetables prior to my decision to become a vegetarian. This is changed completely. I love almost all vegetables and all fruits and they are staples in my diet.

I don't push my lifestyle on anyone, but I encourage people to do research for themselves and make decisions based on that. If you aren't ready to cut meat out of your life entirely try taking a small step like "Meatless Monday".

Have you made any huge changes in your diet that you have loved or hated? Tell me about them :)

Thank you for all the kind words of support about my personal struggles at this time. Your emails and comments have been very helpful and insightful. I will give you an update on what is happening soon.