healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thinking Positively

I am a strong believer in the glass being half full. When I think about life in general, I think of the family I have that loves me, the friends I have who laugh with me, the education I have which is almost done, the dogs I have who unconditionally care for me (more so than me for them), and most importantly the health that I have worked for.

Some days, like everyone, I feel so down in the dumps. Like all of my successes and accomplishments will magically disappear and things won't work out for me. I get so scared that I shouldn't be this lucky.

Why do I deserve this good fortune? There are many other good people in this world with so much less than me. Sometimes it makes me feel quite guilty.

Then, like a refreshing breeze, I feel it.
And this is the thought that comes to mind:

Life is beautiful.

Life is good.

I read today, during my first day of clinical, that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it. It really struck a bell.

Yes, people are given different straws in the straw-box of life, but it is how we chose to respond that will make, or break, our short (very short) time on earth.

So, regardless of whether or not you have achieved your weight loss goals, regardless of whether or not you ended up working out today, regardless of your situation, recognize that you are beautiful, you are good. This can be the first second of the rest of your life. And I promise, that if you put your mind to whatever it is you want out of life, you will do it, accomplish it, attract it to you.


P.S. For those who have been following my nursing - today I found out that my final practicum has been confirmed at the Women's Penitentiary, and I couldn't be more excited! Bring on the learning!