healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Working Towards Goals

I set some pretty hefty goals for myself in the past. Lets recap:

I started weight 190lb. I set multiple 10lb-loss goals to get to 130lb. I step on the scale tomorrow but I am estimating that I weight somewhere between 122.5 and 124.5. This is a number that has surpassed my original thinking.

I started running! Oh my goodness, such a huge goal to accomplish. My first 10km run and my first half marathon were both accomplished this summer. They are 2 of my proudest days.

I exercise regularly. For a girl who had no movement in her life to go to a girl who gets her butt going 6 days a week, that is pretty awesome.

I was the president of the nursing society. One of many of my professional goals, I had a very successful term and learned so much about leadership, management, and inspiring change.

Join Indoor Soccer. Yup. Done that one too. I was picked up by a team called "The Hustlers." We start in October. Its a tier 3 women's league (lowest) but I am excited to work on my coordination and chase after the ball. Who knows, maybe I will be good at it?

So what now?

That's what my dad asked me after I finished the half. And I had no idea what to say to him. Since then, my motivation has been struggling. Was it because I wasn't working towards anything? I am not sure, but I don't like the changes that have happened.

I haven't been pushing myself as hard at the gym. I haven't been focusing on whole foods.

I have maybe gained 1 - 1.5lb's since this ... not a huge deal considering I have surpassed all other goals I had set, but it is still not comforting to have old habits creep back in to your life.

So many people regain the weight they have lost.

I won't lie, this fucking terrifies me.

I don't want to become another yo-yo success and failure story.

I have come up with a few goals that I want to accomplish fitness-wise. I don't have time lines for them, because I am not sure how feasible it is to create them, but I want to put them out there for accountability.
  1. Duathlon - Yup. You read correctly. I want to partake in a bike and foot race. Then perhaps a Tri.
  2. Start lane swimming as a form of exercise.
  3. Start going to CrossFit once a week or once every 2 weeks depending on budget. You can read about my CrossFit experience here.
  4. Run the Woody's Half Marathon in May 2012, as well as one other half marathon (TBD) next summer.
I think those are pretty good goals, and I think they will be achievable with time.

I had a good day today. Day one of being healthy was a success.

Will update the weight-ticker tomorrow morning.

Have a good night!

Little Sis & I at Uncle's Wedding in Hamilton, Sept. 2011