healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finding a Routine

Now that my 6 busy weekends are over (Work, BC, Grande Prairie x2, Half Marathon, Hamilton for Uncle's Wedding, WOAH.), I am more than ready to fall back in to a more familiar routine, including working out, school, and eating.

I think anyone who has had habits of disordered eating in the past is prone to facing more disordered eating when schedules and routines are thrown off. Often it is a method of comfort to eat openly without any forms of restriction or moderation. This is something that happened to me over the past 6 weeks. I would eat to my regular standards during the week, preparing yummy meals with fresh vegetables, enjoying dessert every day, eating oats, ext... plus I would find some way to include activity into every day. This is comforting for me. I like preparing my own food because I feel it is healthier for me, and I like being active every day.

Going away, weekend after weekend, threw me for a loop. I would pack snacks, and pre-pack breakfast, but everything seemed to just get a little derailed. This led to numerous episodes of over eating, past my satiety state. Many desserts (more than needed) were consumed. I ate out almost every weekend, sometimes more than once. I indulged. Big Time.

With my focus shifting more to maintenance, I have not stepped on the scale this month, but this doesn't worry me. My pants still fit the same. My shirts still fit the same. But I do notice that other things, such as bowel routines, and an overall sense of "weight" occur when I over eat. I feel more heavy and more clouded. It is something I look forward to ending when I return home and return to my regular habits.

I will step on the scale on October 1st and see how I have done. Overall, I think I have maintained. This process doesn't worry me. I am working on creating a healthy relationship with food and I am understanding that events happen and routines change.

 Be healthy today :)