healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Dreaded Dreadmill

I woke up this morning bright and early at 6am with the full intention of pumping out a 20km run, only to have my hopes squashed by the rain. I have run in the rain before and I find that I am ill equipped at this point to do so. My running shoes (granted, I need a new pair after this half marathon) have air breathing sections in them so running on anything wet (think dewy grass, UGH), soaks almost instantly into my shoes. How frustrating! I also don't own a proper wind/rain breaker for running, and the jacket I do own holds in all my heat so I end up drenched in my own sweat and super sticky. Gross.

So here I was, all oatmealed up, ready to run, and no where to go.... but the GYM!


Longest I have run on a dread *cough* treadmill is 10km... and it was, well, brutal. It took me 70 min. This was back in the day when 10km seemed long. Today I ran 12 miles in 2 hours, 25 minutes, and 20 seconds. Not too shabby. I am not at all trying to push my speed at this point. If I can cover the mileage and get out without any injuries I will be more than happy.

I will be honest though... 12 miles on a treadmill kind of sucked. It was about 8 miles too much. All in all, I am proud I completed it. It takes away some of the nerves that are slowly building for next weekend. I know I can cover the distance. I know it will be hard. I know it will be worth it. I know I will probably cry at the finish line (haha). And I know Running and I will be taking a wee little break after all is said and done. We just need a little time apart (Long distances that is).

Going to B.C. for the long weekend. I expect lots of opportunities to eat but I feel a renewed sense of trust in my self and my choices and my will power. I weigh 122.5, which is just perfect.