healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brunette

For the past 3 years I have had black hair. I remember wanting to be brash and extreme on my 18th birthday so I made the hair appointment and took the plunge. I loved it.

I tried going back to brown one other time ... and it was an experience I don't care to relive. I went to a woman who was not my normal hair dresser. It was a terrible mistake. It did not turn out at all how I wanted it, and instead of saying anything, I payed a large amount, went home and cried, told myself to get over it, went to work the next day, faced some very strange looks from previous co-workers, answered the question "why", went home and cried again, back to the grocery store to purchase boxed black dye, and out to sylvan at 11pm to get my friend Stephanie to dye it back for me.

The reason I wanted to go back to brown this time is simple ... save money. I am trying to grow my hair as Loooooong as it will grow, and it has taken me a painstakingly long time, so there have been lots of trips to the hair dresser to get my roots dyed. By going natural, I can just let it grow, without having to worry about covering up my regrowth.

My hair dresser is a goddess. She did an amazing job! It looks so natural, and it isn't a super huge adjustment, which is just what I need. I even got one of those cool feather extensions! I don't have any pictures now, but I will post one soon! Either way, THANK YOU CHEYNEY!

Eating has been excellent the past 2 days, which feels great. I am going away this weekend to BC, so I will face similar challenges that I have had to face these last 2 weekends, but I am confident when I get home that my good habits will return and I will make solid choices.

Half marathon is also coming up ... accompanied by the ever so lovely Running Jitters. More on that soon.

Be healthy, Be happy,