healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Recipe: Baked Spaghetti Squash Veggie Primavera

Somewhere along the road...

... this became about living life, enjoying it, and not wanting to lose any more weight.

This is a super huge realization for me. I made it to a happy number (I would say anywhere between 120 and 125), a happy size (2-4, WOAH), a happy lifestyle, a healthy appetite, and a desire to cook good food for myself.

I want to share a recipe with you. I wish I would have taken a picture of this delicious casserole for one, but all I could think at the time was GET IN MY BELLY.

Baked Spaghetti Squash Veggie Primavera
This was my first attempt at cooking Squash, and let me tell you, it is one of my new favorites. The possibilities are endless. The calories are low. The taste is great. And its a vegetable !! How can you go wrong?!

Ingredients:
  • 1 small Spaghetti Squash
  • Your favorite assortment of colorful veg; I used Zucchini, Carrots, Onions, Orange Peppers, Broccoli, Peas, and Cherry Tomatoes - A rainbow!
  • Cooking Spray
  • 1/2tbsp Olive Oil
  • Cheese; I used Marble
  • Spices; I used Ms. Dash Onion, Basil, Oregano, and Garlic
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450F. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half using a large knife. It is quite difficult to do, so be careful. After it is cut open, scoop out the innards like a pumpkin (seeds and whatnot). Place Squash, "face down", in a baking dish with 1 inch water. Put in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
  2. Dice veggies and warm up a frying pan on Medium-Low heat. Spray frying pan with cooking spray and saute vegetables with spices. *optional; fresh lemon juice squirted on top.
  3. If veggies finish before squash turn heat to low. When squash is done, take out of pan (it is hot still, be careful!), and using an oven mitt prop squash on its side. Using dominant hand take a fork and use it to "scrape out the spaghetti" from top to bottom - Yields A LOT of squash.
  4. Add 2 cups squash, olive oil, and vegetables to casserole dish and mix. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
  5. Stick back in your oven for 5-10min and let the cheese melt on top.
  6. Eat. Savor. Enjoy.