healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekly Recap

Today I got up bright and early, strapped on my new Training Belt (the thing with the water bottles) and headed out for my long run. To change things up I decided to run in Red Deer today, and for anyone who knows Red Deer, I ran from the Collicut Center to the 67th street Bridge, and back, which is a distance of 12.5km. Felt good the entire run, although I knew my pace was a little bit slower. Either way, the distance felt good, the hill was killer, and I enjoyed myself.

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 130.5, up .5 since Tuesday. I think I need to own up to the shitty choices I made this week that led to this .5 gain. Am I upset with the gain? No, not really, there is no one to blame but myself, and after reviewing my less than stellar food diary for the week, I absolutely know why I had the gain and what I need to change to lose that .5, and then my additional little bit so I have a buffer. 127 is definitely sounding like my magic number. That way I have a 3lb buffer so that if I retain water or over indulge I wont be upset if I go up and down a bit.

Poor Choices:
  • I ate out after my 10k at Mohave Grill, I ate the Veggie Quesadilla and Roasted Potatoes with Lotsa Chipolte Mayo
  • I Baked Cookies; Hahaha remember the last post saying I had no ability to bake? Well I was bit by the baking bug, and decided cookies would hit the spot. I didn't use a recipe. Nope. I went at it without one and hoped they would turn out. Ingredients used: Apple sauce, graham crackers, chocolate chipits, sliced almonds, cocoa, almond butter, cinnamon, ext.... just to name a few. They turned out really good and I may or may not have overindulged on cookies for supper one night. Needless to say, I got a hold of myself and threw the rest of the batch in the garbage!
  • I had a Night Shift and over compensated with food because the last night shift I worked I had a hypoglycemic attack and nearly fainted in a patients room. Because I didn't want this to happen again I ate a bit too much. I need to find a balance and will continue working on this throughout the summer.
  • At an Educational day at work 2 of the girls brought cookies - yes, cookies - and I, you guessed it, ate too many of them!
Such as life! This was a very filled week, and now that I was able to look back and see that all of these food related events occurred, I will better know how to handle weeks like this in the future.

That's all for right now. Have a good week :)