healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Week of Milestones

This has been a week full of milestones for me! I ran my first 10K on Sunday and killed it, and today I stepped on the scale to reveal that I had hit my next weight goal of 130lb. Sweet! That means that I get to finally wear this customized necklace that I purchased for myself off of Gracie And Me Designs. I bought this necklace as a symbol for what I have accomplished through weight loss. It is personalized, hand stamped metal, the 60 representing how many pounds I have lost, the word "confidence" for what has been the biggest reward for me for losing this weight and the little ruby jewel represents my birth stone.
I think it is so important to treat yourself a long the way. This is not an easy journey for anyone, and regardless of how long it takes, setting goals a long the way will help you stay motivated and feeling rewarded for the hard work you put in.

So what now? Well I supposed I will just continue with the way I am doing things. I am trying to listen to my body, and to be good to it through eating healthy, whole foods, and exercising often. Half marathon training started today with a 2 mile run of fartleks, and tomorrow before my night shift I will do a 4 mile run. I am going to continue with eating the foods I love, while maintaining my satisfaction levels and not being hungry. If I continue to lose, then my body has not reached its "happy spot" yet, and if I maintain, then I will know that I have.

My journey is not over. Far from it. I now have to learn about this lovely little thing called maintenance. I need to learn how to balance in take with output so that I am not left with too much of a deficit or too much over eating. Weight gain doesn't happen over night. Weight loss doesn't happen over night. Weight maintenance takes a lifetime of effort, especially for those recovering from binge eating and emotional eating.

Have a good week everyone! Make healthy choices and be kind to yourself :)