healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pre-Race Jitters

I went against my training schedule. Instead of taking yesterday and today off, I went to an exercise class yesterday that I had never done before, and today, my legs are feeling it. Like a lot. Like to the point where it hurts to walk, it hurts to go from sitting to standing, and it even is uncomfortable when I push the gas pedal and clutch when I drive. Shit. Way to go Amie! Couldn't have just followed Hal Higdon's training schedule to a tee like you have the past 8 weeks. NOOOO you had to go and switch it up last minute.

I am hoping the lactic acid disperses before tomorrow morning. Either way, I will obviously run, but I would prefer to do it relatively pain free, as I suspect any one would haha.

Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Yipee. Have I mentioned that I have never run in the rain? Yep, well I haven't. So tomorrow might be my first time! Another lovely speed bump to slow me down. Ah well, Rain or Shine, I run.

So I am starting to feel slightly nervous for the events of tomorrow. I know it is only 10k, and I know I can run that distance, but I just hope all the other little details work themselves out. I hope I don't have to pee the whole run. I hope I don't have a hypoglycemic attack. BAH! I need to stop worrying.

I made a new kick ass running playlist.
I have trained for 2 months for this.
I know my perfect pre-run breakfast to get me moving and keep me energized.
I can do this.

Wish me luck! Will post details and pictures tomorrow!