healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mid Week Scale Peek *shhh*

I got up this morning and felt like I wanted to step on the scale. I stopped, assessed the feeling, and realized that I wasn't feeling obsessive about it, and the results wouldn't effect the rest of my day, I simply just wanted to see.

I think this is a powerful thing. I had some emotional issues come up last night with my Mom, and I controlled myself in a positive manner - I used some self talk, and did activities to take my mind off of it. I reflected on how I would have dealt in the past - by eating. I would have eaten all my junk food. I would have stuffed my face and tummy and gone into a hyperglycemic-coma so that I wouldn't have to face the feelings. Instead, I acknowledged to myself that I did want to feel them.

This got me feeling pretty in control of my life - health, exercise, and spirit. I have changed and the scale doesn't rule my life, my emotions don't rule my life, and food doesn't rule my life. I do. I have the choice to react to situations that are presented to me in a positive manner, to look at them as opportunities of growth rather than reasons to binge or invert from life.

"When you have reached the end of your rope, tie a knot, and hang on." - This quote stuck with me yesterday. With my Mom and her Issues, I have no idea what to do, I don't feel like I have the strength to listen to details, so I just acknowledge her actions and close her off. This has been my coping mechanism in the past, and although it probably isn't the best, it is reflected through that quote.

SO. On a more positive note!!! 2 exciting points:
  1. Weight on the Scale this morning: 131.5; HOLY SMOKES. I stepped off, let the scale turn off, and stepped back on 4 times just to make sure. Well, I got the same number every time! I don't know if it is because TOM came early and so I was retaining a little water on Sunday, or what, but either way it was pretty exciting.
So yes, Overall I am in a pretty good spot right now, and I truly believe that good things are headed my way.