healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Love Long Runs :)

Sunday Long Runs - You make my world better. Doesn't matter if its Windy, Rainy, Sunny, or a Little Bit Snowy, I don't think I could live without you anymore.

Its turning a beautiful shade of green here, and spring is all around. It's about time! With that though, the wind has decided to make its presence known for the past 4 days. It is crazy outside! It pushes you off your feet whichever way you chose to run.

I had a great run regardless of the wind. I pushed through it, kept reminding myself how strong I was, and ran 11.15km in 1hr 20min! Not bad at all :) I am so excited for the 10k next Sunday! It is going to amazing! I am trying to update my running playlist so that I can have some fresh new tunes to rock out to when I run. Any suggestions of upbeat, faster tempo songs would be greatly appreciated and I would love you forever!

I have been thinking a lot recently about my "happy weight" and how to know when I have reached the point of stopping my weight loss and starting my maintenance. It is not some black and white line for me where you switch from one mode in to the other. I weighed in today and stayed strong at 133. I am okay with that. I had a few rough days at the start of this week including a hypoglycemic attack leading to me eating a muffin and drinking hot chocolate, and then the following day eating too much sweetener and not being able to say no to the 10 Hershey's kisses sitting on the table. All in all though it was an Okay week, I worked out 6 days, did hot yoga, jazzercise, 2 exercise classes, and ran.

I am to the point where I love exercising. I never thought I would get there, but I have. I don't like to go a day without some sort of physical activity that I enjoy. It's fun for me! That's a huge NSV for me. There's the odd day when my brain says I don't want to, but deep down I know I do. My eating habits are at a spot where I rarely make terrible decisions, and I can go to a restaurant and not feel controlled by the food. I feel in control. It's freeing.

Maybe I have reached a happy weight then? Maybe the scale will decide to stay stagnant? Either way, my goal number is still 130, because it is right in the middle of my range, but if it takes me 3 years to get there, well heck, its only 3lb, I think I will live.

My goals are to just keep doing what I am doing - exercise, eating right, being mindful when I sit down to eat with no distractions. Those are the keys to my healthy/happy state.

What are your thoughts on this topic? How do you define a happy weight?