healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 10 - No Scale

So I am still without scale, but still battling it every night.

Part of me argues - you are in a happy spot, so you should be allowed to step on the scale to see if this happy spot is being maintained or if you are continuing to lose.

The other part of me says - if you are truly in a happy spot than the number doesn't matter.

I am a "need to know" kind of girl. I hate surprises. I like control. So even though both points are true - I am happy, but do I REALLY need to know the number - maybe I am better off being allowed to check? It is my body. It is my choice. Right?

Starting on the Maternity unit I have been talking with new moms and one common question asked is whether or not the family knew the sex of the baby. I am the type of girl who would NEED to know the sex the second I find out I was preggers. Waiting for the Ultrasound would be painful and the thought of this is part of my aversion to actually having children one day at all.

I think this urgency transcends into every aspect of my life and although it is a work in progress, I do think it is something that will stick with me throughout life. I like to multitask, take on too much, eat too fast, rush, drive quick, never be late, and know everything about everything. That's the Type-A Personality that I am. So is not stepping the scale unnecessary torture? Is it REALLY teaching me any lesson that I don't already know about myself?

Maybe I should go back to weekly weigh in's after this 2 weeks is up? I guess we will see on Sunday when I make my way to my basement to face the dreaded little digital monster.