healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

"You're just Small and Adorable"

... That's how I was described last night. HAH! Small and Adorable... I wanted to make some kind of snooty retort about how I used to not be small, I wanted to say something, anything, to discredit this claim, because despite the smaller number on the scale, despite the smaller pant sizes, I have never been described as small.

When I think of myself, and how I would describe my appearance, these words come to mind:
  • Cute
  • Average
  • Nice Skin
Yup, those about sum it up. Not small. I would never describe myself as small.

Instead of any kind of self-hating response I sucked back the feelings and replied with a "Thank you".

It's funny how despite the changes, they still don't always register in my head. I still don't always see myself the way others do. I had a nurse on the unit talk to me about my weight loss and when I told her I lost close to 60lb she said "Wow! I can't imagine 60lb on your tiny body." TINY?! LOL! I responded with a "Yes.. it wasn't always so tiny."

Some day soon I hope it clicks. Maybe it never will.

Stepped on the scale this morning and I am at 134 (same as when I weighed myself on Wednesday), so that's good! On MFP I have lost an average of 1lb/week, which is what my projected weight loss is, so I am right on track!

Really hoping to get to 133 this week! I am getting SO close to 130 it is unbelievable!

This is going to be a good week, I can feel it. :)

Off for my 4.5 mile run!