healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Will this winter EVER end?

As I sit here, I look outside my dining room window and watch the snow fall. Not just lightly. But a lot of it. Quickly. UGH. Last Sunday, it was beautiful outside, +8, at 10am, and I was able to do my 4 mile run outside. This week? Not so much. *Sigh* Back to the treadmill I go.

I have mixed feelings about how this week was for me. I started out the week right (as I often do) and then midweek I went out for lunch with a committee I am on for school to a restaurant I had never been to. I am trying very hard to look at this as a lifestyle, and most days it is, but some days I get so fed up. I ordered the Margarita Pizza, the crust was white, and thick, and there was enough cheese for 2 pizza's on it. Really? Really?! Eating out is SO frustrating. Of course I knew I should have just had the roasted Asparagus, and Roasted Mushrooms, but NO, I had to tell myself it was okay to indulge because I don't eat out often. Which is true. I try not to, and when I have to I deal well with it, by trying to go to places I can pre-plan for. I ate 3 pieces of Pizza. Not too bad in hindsight. Just frustrating.

Then I had two full days of faculty interviews for school, where lunch was provided. The first day we had spinach salad, with a raspberry dressing, sliced almonds, mandarin oranges and there crunchy stick things, and the second day we had Mediterranean pasta salad and raw veggies with dip. The first day they served cookies, and thankfully they were White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, not my favorite, so I only had one bite and threw the rest out (NSV!). The next day is where it went downhill. They offered a selection of tiny cakes for dessert, and my sweet tooth got the best of me. I ate 4 of them. Crap. So I tracked them to the best of my knowledge, went over in my calories, and ended the night with a light beer. Such as life.

I also find that my motivation is SERIOUSLY lacking at the moment to accomplish anything. I feel just drained from school, and I know there is a list that is starting to become longer and longer that needs to be looked at, but I just don't want to do it. I know. I know. Suck it up Amie.

I feel that it is that way (on days) with exercise as well. The habit is there. I know what I need to do. But with the weather being up and down and in and out, my motivation leaves and I just want to hibernate. I have kept up with my training schedule. But so reluctantly. I have that whole "Oh do I have to!?" attitude about it, which does not make it fun. But it gets done. And the motivation will return. Of this, I am certain.

I believe in myself and I know that I deserve the very best. I feel good (granted, not great *YET*) about my body and my looks, I have a fantastic personality, a good sense of humor, and an extremely bright future, and I do not, and will never, need a man to make me think any different.

So, ladies and gents, with practice, and a LOT of positive self talk, and a LOT of positive affirmations, and a LOT of hard work, if you are willing, I know that you can get to this spot too.

You just gotta BELIEVE. --- I'm a Cheese-ball, but I speak the truth. :)

Wherever you are reading from, I hope it is not snowing,