healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Monday, April 25, 2011

What a BEAUTIFUL Day

I love days like today. It was an accumulation of everything that is near perfect in my life. It reminds me how damn thankful I am, and how lucky I am.

Started out with Hospital Orientation this morning! Which went very well. Caught up with an old friend who goes to a different school but is back in RD for the summer. I am excited to hang out with her lots this year. Also caught up with my good friend George. He is so motivating to me. He is an MMA fighter and in amazing shape. I look up to him :) I don't want to be an MMA fighter or anything, but to be able to manage school, crazy workouts, and a personal life, is SO impressive.

After orientation I picked up Matthias (the Ex) to go for a workout! I am so lucky to have him in my life still. He is my very best friend. We had never done this before, but I decided we should go and run a flight of outdoor stairs and a hill right by them. Well, it was definitely a workout for me. We ran the stairs 10 times, and the hill once, followed by one more run of the stairs. My legs were shaking when we were done! It was exhilarating. To follow that up we went for a tan and to check out Heart Rate Monitors. I found one at Walmart for 70$ that seems to have all the features I am looking for.. when I get my first paycheck I will have to pick it up.

Came home to make dinner. Today I wanted to make Ground Round Spaghetti. This is something I have never attempted before. I used 1 Cup Catelli Herbs Pasta Sauce, 1 Package Shirataki Fettuccine Noodles (seriously, WOW, has anyone ever tried these? They are delicious!), 1/2 cup Diced peppers, and 1/3 package Yves Veggie Ground Round. Now, I am only one tiny (hehe) person, and this made enough for 2 FULL meals. So I separated it equally and will eat the other half tomorrow for supper. On top I put 2Tbsp light shredded cheese. Holy Crap. This tasted like something I would have made when I ate meat and was obese. I am not joking here. It was delicious. And there was SO much of it too. Guess how many calories?

171. Yup. Blew my mind.

Such a good day food and exercise wise. I wish every day went like this! Haha. Hope you all had a lovely day and that the sun shone wherever you are!