healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weigh In & No Change

Stepped on the scale this beautiful morning to find that I have stayed the same this week - 136lb. I am so okay with that. This past week has been a whirlwind (like all the others this clinical!), with finishing up clinical, working out, wrapping up with the nursing society, and partying hard.

Nursing Society Year End dinner was Tuesday night, and I happily indulged in an entire individual sized vegetarian pizza from BP's. So delicious. So worth it. Killed it at the gym that day, and ALMOST made up the calories for it.

Year End Nursing Party was on Friday night, and I went WAY WAY WAY over calories, like almost an entire pound over! Holy Moly. It was LOTS of fun though, and I danced the night away. I wore my pair of SIZE 4 shorts, and I wore my cut up "It's a Jungle Out There" shirt (Jungle Themed Party), and got so many compliments! Felt just lovely. Everyone said I looked amazing.

I felt amazing!

Yesterday, I compensated for my terrible day prior by staying on track and doing an hour on the elliptical. I also drank 3L of water to help flush all the alcohol water weight out. The result? A very happy STS! Yay! I think the best part out of the entire experience was not letting the over eating affect my emotions. I happily accepted what I had done, relished in the fun that I had, and moved on - what use is it to dwell? I have been at this for so long now that I know one day will not mess up the new habits I have created for myself. Its a lifestyle. I am allowed to have a day off once in a while, because I know - The thought of falling back into old habits literally isn't an option, or a worry anymore - that I will be Okay. What a freaking breakthrough!

This week is going to be busy too (surprise, surprise), I have 2 full days of faculty interviews, but I plan to stay on track at those by bringing a packed lunch, 1 half day at clinical, a lab final, subbing for a dance teacher, and a BBQ. Should be good though. No more homework, so I feel free.

It's so crazy to think that in a year, I will be done my degree! I can't wait. These first 3 years have gone by SO fast and I know the last one will go by just as equally fast.

I pick up my new car sometime this week as well! I will post pictures when I get it! SOO EXCITED! That also means I need to start the prep work on selling my car.... not going to be an easy task. Ah well, now that school is done, and until I start work (EEEE!!!!) in 3 weeks, I am up to the challenge.

Here is to a better week for me, and a great week for all of you. Lets do this! :)