healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lets Get A Little Political..

Currently watching the political debate on TV, and I have so many thoughts running through my head right now that I just need to get them out. Hopefully this comes out somewhat clearly... Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion, I am open to feedback and debate, so if you want to share your opinions, please do.

A. I am unsure why the Bloq Quebecois is considered to be one of the major political parties in this country when they are only supported in Quebec? Hmm...

B. I am so fed up with all these people just sharing excuses of why we are having an election and bashing each other. Please, lets focus on the issues, instead of telling me what the current government is doing wrong, I want to hear what they are going to do to make it better. We need to focus on whats actually going on with regards to health care, education, taxes, the economy and the military. Tell me your plans. Not what is wrong with the current plan.

C. I do not think the Conservatives should have a majority government. I think majority governments are so touch and go, once the power is given what checks and balances are there in place to ensure this power is used to its maximum benefit for ALL Canadians rather than abused.

D. That being said, I do not agree with the Liberals either. One word - Ignatieff. Enough said.

E. I just wish that these people would over look the personal attacks and focus on making the lives of Canadian's better. I think this is just ridiculous.

The issues that are currently most important to me are health care, seniors, taxes, and education.

Our health care system is broken, something needs to be done. Nurses and Doctors are overworked, constantly short staffed, and the amount of money we are putting into this system, specifically to pharmaceutical companies, is silly.

Next issue that is important to me is seniors, my father turned 60 this year, and although he doesn't realize it just yet, there will be a time soon when he will be living off his pension, and I want him to have an easy life. He is so important to me and I want the government to have his back.

As a young woman almost finishing my degree, taxes will soon be an important aspect of my life (duh). Education is also important to me. When I graduate, I will be 45 thousand dollars in debt, and I need to ensure that there is a job for me to pay this back, as well as adequate opportunities to continue learning and growing as an individual, and possibly further my education one day.

What are your thoughts? What party do you vote for?