healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Maintenance Week ONE

Today was my first weigh in post-goal. What a weird feeling. It is almost like I know the number will stay the same because I tracked everything I ate, but that its Okay for it to not be moving down?

I know that I want to get to 130. In fact, I want to get to 127 just so I can say I have lost an even 60lb. But right now I am so content with just being healthy and happy where I am that it doesn't matter if it takes me a year to get there, because I know eventually I will.

This past week was... insane, hectic, jam-packed, somewhat scattered, and I am glad it is over. Clinical started out with a rush, like I knew it would, but I still managed to track everything that passed through my lovely lips. That being said, some of the choices I made were not the best, and I will be the first to admit it. I ate THREE Starbucks Petites in one sitting. Gross. I also ate a Coffee Crisp this week, although it was spread out (1 bite a day for 3 days, the other half today). All these chocolate-y treats were just Meh. They were good, but they weren't great.

Chocolate is the one food that it seems I "can't live without". I like to have a square of dark chocolate every night after my supper. Now as some of you may know from the boards, I decided to give up Chips for Lent. I am not religious by any means, and I have absolutely no idea what the concept or meaning of Lent is, I just know you give stuff up for it. So far not eating chips has been easy, because I hardly eat them anyways. I want to step it up a bit, so as of RIGHT MEOW I am giving up Chocolate until Lent is over. No Dark Chocolate, No Pudding, No Vita Tops, No Nutella, No Fiber 1 Granola Bars, No Hot Chocolate, No Mocha's, No Mini Eggs, NOTHING.

Things might get ugly.

I am willing to take it on though, we will see how long I can go! When does Lent even end? (I am going to begin planning my celebratory treat now... I am thinking a Scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice cream and a Scoop of Tri Chocolate Delight Ice cream, Sans cone, from the Big Moo...... Yup. If I can make it till the end of Lent without eating Any chocolate that is what I can have. *drool*)

10K training went according to plan this week. Today is my "long run" so I will be attempting 3 miles. Never done it before, But I think it is do-able. I am hoping this week will seem less hectic as I settle in to the routine of Clinical. We are on days this week so I will be getting up at 5am, but I will be done by 3:30pm, which is more reasonable than a 2:30-11pm day, when trying to manage patient research, nursing society, eating healthy, selling shirts, responding to never ending emails and training for a 10k.

Goals this week: Track, H20, Train, No Chocolate, Be POSITIVE AND OPTIMISTIC.
I am happy, I am healthy, I am right where I need to be.